The first line of defense against a rodent infestation is your home itself. The best way to control rodent activity is to deny access to your home, business or structure. The following are some basic steps you can take to Rodent proofing your home or call the experts at Specialty Insulation and Rodent Proofing.
“Rodent proofing” your home.
First, if you currently have an infestation, I recommend calling a professional at Specialty Insulation and Rodent Proofing. If you find signs of rodent activity you must also be very careful how you handle the clean up. Rodent droppings can carry many diseases, fleas, mites and the Hanta Virus; this disease can be very serious and even fatal. You can catch this from breathing the dust from old droppings or rubbing your eyes after coming in contact with the fecal matter. When cleaning, you should wet the area down with hot, soapy water and a disinfectant. Then wipe up with a wet rag or sponge. If you vacuum the droppings always use a vacuum with a hepa filter. Specialty Insulation and Rodent Repair recommends to always wear a HEPA filter mask and gloves while cleaning. Obviously wash up after you are done.
My goal, however, is to help you prevent an infestation by identifying ways a rodent can enter your home. One of the first things you need to know is that if a rodent can get its head through an opening the body will follow. A mouse can get through an opening the size of a dime. We keep that in mind as we survey or inspect your home.
What is included in our Inspection?
1. We will greet you the customer
2. Listen to the customer and learn why you called us and where the problems are.
3. We will inspect the exterior of your home looking for siding gaps, Brick facing gaps, alcove cantilever holes, unscreened or broken vents, soffit gaps, bird blocks, garage doors, house doors and trees or bushes closer than 5 ft to the home.
4. We will inspect your attic for contamination and or insufficient insulation, check to make sure your ducts are vented properly and inspect for holes.
5. We will inspect your crawl space for contamination of your insulation, check to make sure your ducts are secured and vented properly along with inspecting for holes, gaps, drain line, waste line, pipe gaps through the foundation, burrows, main duct terminal, vents and crawl space entry door. We also will let you know of any standing water or leaks we might see during the inspection.
6. We will inspect your roof for any roof joint sections or entry points along the gutter fascia.
At the end of our inspection, we will include a full reportÂ on what is needed to rodent proofing your home or business.Â Included in this report is:
A graph of your home or business that will pin point the locations of the problems and preventative rodent proofing. The report will also include projected costs and how we will fix the problems along with what materials we will use in addressing the problems listed. The numbers on these pages will correlate with the numbers on the graph.
- A report with specifics and price for your insulation restored and sanitized if needed.
- Pictures of the problem areas and insulation so that you can see for your own eyes along with what and why we need to fix these pointed out areas.
What’s next when you decide to choose the experts at Specialty Insulation Puget Sound and Rodent Proofing to fix your Problem?
- We schedule the rodent proofing with our professional Rodent proofing carpenters and they will set traps in your crawl space and attic or where needed.
- Schedule for 5 days later the restoration of your crawl space and or attic including insulation, vapor barrier, water pipe insulation and duct insulation, the 5 day wait is to make sure all rodents are trapped or out of your home before putting new materials in your attic or crawl space.
- One of our expert inspectors will check every ones work to reassure you the customer and us that everything was done properly.
Remember to remove overhanging branches from your home. They will use these to get in and out, staying nice and dry in your attic!
There is a limited life time warranty on all rodent proofing done by Specialty Insulation Puget Sound.